With the current market conditions and with many opportunities for established companies or private equity (PE) firms to roll up into their existing similar portfolio companies to grow revenue and add valuable assets from other smaller companies or startups, many companies and corporate mergers and acquisitions teams are always on lookout for buying these startups looking to get acquired. Similarly, a huge amount of activity is undergoing in the cybersecurity space. There are several reasons, including:
- Growing demand for cybersecurity solutions: With the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, there is a growing demand for cybersecurity solutions. Corporate buyers and PE firms recognize this and are acquiring cybersecurity companies to exploit the growing market.
- Investment in a growing sector: The cybersecurity sector is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, with a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% from 2021 to 2028. These investors and PE firms are attracted to this growth potential and are investing in cybersecurity companies to take advantage of this growth.
- Synergy with existing portfolio companies: Many PE firms may already have companies in their portfolio that could benefit from cybersecurity solutions. By acquiring a cybersecurity company, they can provide their existing portfolio companies with access to these solutions, improving their overall value proposition.
- Consolidation of the cybersecurity industry: The cybersecurity industry is highly fragmented, with many small companies offering specialized solutions. Acquiring and consolidating these companies into their companies can offer more comprehensive cybersecurity platforms to customers.
- Attractive financial returns: Cybersecurity companies can provide attractive financial returns, with some companies experiencing high revenue growth and profitability. PE firms are attracted to these potential returns and are investing in cybersecurity companies to generate strong returns for their investors.
However, security compliance is critical for these buyers and private equity (PE) firms during the acquisition process for several reasons:
- Mitigating risk: Security compliance helps mitigate the risk of data breaches and cyber- attacks. When acquiring a company, acquiring firms are also acquiring its information systems and data. If the company is compliant with security regulations, it can avoid exposing itself to significant risks.
- Avoiding fines and penalties: Non-compliance with security regulations can lead to severe financial penalties and damage to the reputation of the acquired company and the acquiring and PE firm. By ensuring compliance, these firms can avoid these fines and penalties.
- Protecting confidential information: Companies that are not compliant with security regulations are vulnerable to breaches that can expose sensitive data, including confidential customer information, trade secrets, and intellectual property. These firms must ensure that the acquired company has the necessary security measures to protect this information.
- Ensuring business continuity: Security breaches can disrupt business operations and lead to significant financial losses. By ensuring security compliance, the acquiring firms can ensure business continuity for the acquired company.
In summary, security compliance is essential for PE firms while acquiring companies to mitigate risk, avoid fines and penalties, protect confidential information, and ensure business continuity.
Security Compliance with Akitra!
Establishing trust is a crucial competitive differentiator when acquiring new SaaS businesses in today’s era of data breaches and compromised privacy. Customers and partners want assurances that their organizations are doing everything possible to prevent disclosing sensitive data and putting them at risk, and compliance certification fills that need.
Akitra offers an industry-leading, AI-powered Compliance Automation platform for SaaS companies. Using automated evidence collection and continuous monitoring, together with a full suite of customizable policies and controls as a compliance foundation, our service helps customers become certified for frameworks like SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO 27701, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, NIST CSF, CMMC, and other specific frameworks such as CIS AWS Foundations Benchmark, etc. Our compliance and security experts will provide customized guidance to navigate the end-to-end compliance process confidently.
The benefits of our solution include enormous savings in time, human resources, and cost savings—including discounted audit fees with our audit firm partners. Customers achieve compliance certification fast and cost-effectively, stay continuously compliant as they grow, and can become certified under additional frameworks using a single compliance automation platform.
Build customer trust. Choose Akitra TODAY!
To book your FREE DEMO, contact us right here.